Saturday, December 12, 2009

You broke my Heart...Candy...









Heart Candy - Those adorable little pink candy hearts you recieve from a Bag of Candies during the Love is in the Air world event...suddenly vanished from my bags and banks on the last patch day.

After three days in WoW ticket hell, I finally got a GM reply to why all my Heart Candy had disappeared. The news was not good...
They have been removed from the game.


Yes, I am one of those who keep the Heart Candy, because it was given to me by people I care about. This little candy holds great sentimental value to me. So much so, that when I transferred to my new server I took my Heart Candy with me. Bagspace be damned.
And now...it's all gone. *sad*

From what I saw, before the last little candy vanished from my guild bank, the new Heart Candy will become
a 'Use' item - meaning consumable. I doubt they would remove this popular game detail completely. They are probably just modifying it. The GM would not say, even though I asked, so I suppose we will all just have to wait and see. Still...I am very disappointed.

Blizzard, you broke my heart...

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Ill get you some at the next event ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks...and what's worse is that I didn't even know they were gone until I saw this article.

    I've kept some of my heart candy as well. One was the "I Love You" one that my fiance Waddell traded to me during my first Love is in the Air event just before he went into a raid. I believe they said the name of whomever made the heart as well, which makes them all the more sentimental.

    Blizzard will probably keep the idea of the candy heart, even the bag that makes them, in-game, but, they will probably have a duration and will disappear anyway ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. *nods*
    The candy used to say "Made by...." and when I transferred servers those names disappeared, but I could live with that. I knew who had given them to me.

    But this...is pretty bad. And so sneaky of them not to let us know...

    You are right, the new candy will most likely have a limited life span. It's all very sad really.

    I suggest that Waddell this Valentine's makes you RL heart candy that you can keep forever. *smiles*

    And Ben: I'll hold you to that one!

    ReplyDelete